Thick-billed Murre on Westport Pelagic

Ryan Shaw rtshaw80 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 17 18:24:17 PST 2002

Greeting's all -

Today on the Westport Pelagic, we had a breeding plumaged Thick-billed Murre
near the chum spot 35+ miles offshore of Westport. We had the bird sitting
on the water for about 10-15 minutes with us approaching 50 yards away at
its closest.

I'll post trip totals for both this weekend's trips at a later time.

Also, on the way home, a few friends and I observed the Bar-tailed Godwit at
Tokeland, and the Emperor Goose at MP 3.5 West of Raymond.

----Ryan Shaw
----Lacey, Washington
----rtshaw80 at hotmail.com
----(360) 491-1084
----AIM: RTShaw80

----------This machine will not communicate,
---These thoughts and the strain I am under,
------------Be a world child, form a circle,
---------------------Before we all go under,
-------------------------And fade out again
~Radiohead~