Townsend's Warblers

ian paulsen ipaulsen at krl.org
Sat Jan 12 14:10:11 PST 2002

HI ALL:
 I wonder if Townsend's Warbler are "facultative migrants"? That is they
migrate according to environmental influences like weather? Our mild
winter so far probably explains the numbers of Townsend's Warblers
wintering locally. Maybe a better term would be "facultative winterers"!
  IN David Sibley's Guide to Bird life and Behavior calls the birds that
do this kind of behavior:" partial migrants". I was wondering what people
think of this book as a basic ornithological text book?
Sincerely

Ian Paulsen
Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
ipaulsen at krl.org