Prairie Falcon at Dike Access Road

Ryan Shaw rtshaw80 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:24:17 PST 2002

Greetings all,

Tim Perkins, James Douglass, and myself did a bit of birding today along
coastal washington. A bit of a spur of the moment trip for myself, as Tim
left a message for me last night, and when I got home from work this
morning, I called him and he was on his way down from the Seattle area. So
I tagged along on he and Jame's little trek to add some birds to their
lifelist, while I merrily slept and became a walking zombie for most of the
day and afternoon. Highlights was getting the Bar-tailed Godwit at
Tokeland, in with circa 500 Marbleds, and the usual suspects of Willets, LB
Dows, and Dunlin.
We got the Black Phoebe at JBH Wildlife Refuge, and then we swung down to
Cowlitz County and Dike Access Road to try for the Clay-colored Sparrow. No
Clay-color, but a few Lincoln's was nice. And we ran into Bill Tweit who
stopped in the area on his way home from Portland, and he told us about a
Prairie Falcon that we blatently missed on the way in. Though on the way
back towards the freeway (The bird was located just west of the freeway
offramp on Dike Access Road on a telephone poll) we encounted the bird
sitting quietly munching on a freshly killed Varied Thrush.
Bout it,
Cheers
Ryan

----Ryan Shaw
----Lacey, Washington
----rtshaw80 at hotmail.com
----(360) 491-1084
----AIM: RTShaw80

----------This machine will not communicate,
---These thoughts and the strain I am under,
------------Be a world child, form a circle,
---------------------Before we all go under,
-------------------------And fade out again
~Radiohead~