Western Meadowlarks in Puget Sound

Dougnpip at aol.com Dougnpip at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 16:12:41 PST 2002

Tweets,
Yesterday, while birding Ft Flagler SP, I jumped a
Western Meadowlark. Checking my records at home last night, I noticed this
bird was the first one for me in Jefferson County. I have recorded 28 in
Clallam, 6 in Island and 2 in Kitsap Counties over the past 8 years. All
this made me realize how they must vary widely here from county to county. I
have none for King or Mason but I have not birded these areas consistantly.
Here on Bainbridge Is, none in my records so I assume it is a rarity for us
here?
Good birding,
Doug Watkins
dougnpip at aol.com