Columbia Estuary Report - 3/30/2002

Mike Patterson celata at pacifier.com
Sat Mar 30 11:11:35 PST 2002

Columbia Estuary Report - 3/30/2002

Steve Warner saw a single CASPIAN TERN Friday at the
Necanicum Estuary.  Lee Cain saw two on Youngs Bay the
same day.  I saw two from the 101 bridge over Youngs
Bay this morning.

At least 3 singing ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS were on the
bike path at Ft Stevens.  There were also at least 100
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS (most Myrtle-type) a few of which
were also singing.  I also heard a drumming RUFFED GROUSE.

About 1000 SURF SCOTERS were off the the South Jetty of
the Columbia River this morning.  I saw two RED PHALAROPES
fly by.  A fair movement of small loons (most probably
RED-THROATED LOON) were heading north.  PIGEON GUILLEMOTS
have returned in good numbers.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR