Columbia Estuary Report - 3/30/2002

Mike Patterson celata at
Sat Mar 30 11:11:35 PST 2002

Columbia Estuary Report - 3/30/2002

Steve Warner saw a single CASPIAN TERN Friday at the
Necanicum Estuary. Lee Cain saw two on Youngs Bay the
same day. I saw two from the 101 bridge over Youngs
Bay this morning.

At least 3 singing ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS were on the
bike path at Ft Stevens. There were also at least 100
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS (most Myrtle-type) a few of which
were also singing. I also heard a drumming RUFFED GROUSE.

About 1000 SURF SCOTERS were off the the South Jetty of
the Columbia River this morning. I saw two RED PHALAROPES
fly by. A fair movement of small loons (most probably
have returned in good numbers.

Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR
celata at