I've been advised to say STOP - says the homeowner

Tim Gronseth tgronseth at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 22:40:13 PST 2002

Someone wrote...

> The homeowners, who have become avid birders as a
result, were thrilled to learn about this bird and
kindly remarked that we were welcomed to share this
information > with others. My partner and I
thanked them for their thoughtfulness, but explained
that they really wouldn't want us to do that because
word would get out and

> they could possibly end up with a mob at the edges

of their yard.

Oops, it looks like the cat is out of the bag on this
issue. This is what many suspect is the real reason
some homeowner "change their mind" and ask birders not
to come or to STOP coming. Enough said...

TG