birders thread

Craig Corder ccorder at eoni.com
Wed Mar 6 21:59:51 PST 2002

I've enjoyed this public vs private thread even though we seldom see other
Birders.
My comments:
1: Even if we are legal, upsetting the landowners can backfire with some
sort of retaliation. (kill the bird, cut down the tree, etc.)

2: Don't condemn Listing, because we are sometimes slobs. We are usually
beneficial to birds in some way. We need more Listers, not fewer. Pointing
out our failings is good.

3: The property owners I've met in eastern WA are mostly concerned that I
might be a road hunter. (while I'm birding on public roads.)

Craig Corder
Cheney WA
ccorder at eoni.com