Gyr still in Thurston Co.

Michael & Kristin Stewart MikeKrisStewart at worldnet.att.net
Sat Mar 16 11:29:17 PST 2002

My husband and I located the Gyr from the metal gate at the 90 degree turn
on Meadow Rd, in the Doug Fir (presumably the same tree) mentioned by the
Sullivans and then on the power pole mentioned by the Smiths(via the
British birders) at about 1:30-2:00 pm this afternoon. As the bird was very
close to the trunk of the partially dead Doug Fir and was being harrassed
by a Harrier, I am wondering if the same tree is visible from Meadow Rd and
Goodrich Rd?

Kristin Stewart
Olympia