Iceland and lesser black-backed gulls

Bob Flores rflores at qosi.net
Sat Mar 16 19:54:42 PST 2002

Today I met Larry and Jacque Goodhew at Swallows Park in Clarkston, WA to look for the Iceland gull posted earlier. We did not find it there but did find a lesser black-backed gull. It was on the island nearest the northern parkinglot. Upon leaving I decided to look for the location I had seen gull flying around upon arriving in Clarkston. I found the Iceland gull at the Port of Clarkston. I then was able to go back and get the Goodhews and they saw it as well. Of course when I went to get the camera a bald eagle flew by and the entire group of gulls flew off. The Goodhew's and I figured it was not meant to be. Also at the Swallows Park we had a 1st year Thayer's gull as well.

Bob Flores
Othello, WA
rflores at qosi.net