Yellow-billed Loon on Monday

Irene Potter isparrow at seanet.com
Mon Mar 18 16:40:38 PST 2002

Tweets:

This morning, 3/18/02, about 8:30 a.m. the Yellow-billed Loon was just
inside the
Cap Sante Boat Basin in Anacortes near the Memorial Park. I watched as
it preened and it until it dove as an out-bound boat got near to it. It
must have resurfaced outside the basin in the rough, choppy water
because I could not re-locate it. I birded around Anacortes and
returned to the boat basin about 9:30 a.m. but still could not re-find
it. The weather really deteriorated soon after this with wind and a
snow/rain mix. There were also two pair of Hooded Merganzers in the boat
basin.
Irene Potter, Tacoma
isparrow at seanet.com