Twitching vs Chasing

kjandrich at netscape.net kjandrich at netscape.net
Wed Mar 20 09:02:03 PST 2002

Hi Tweeter folks,

What is the difference between twitching and chasing? Is twitching just adding another new bird to your list and chasing looking for it?

And one more question-at what point in a person's birding career should new birds be considered lifers? I am new enough and see enough new birds often enough it seems rather excessive to me to call all new birds lifers just yet.

Even with the cold and weird weather I have really enjoyed this winter birdwise. I feel like I have really gotten to know the kinglets. I heard the Ruby Crowned song for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It is very pretty but a soft song and I have heard many times since already. I am amazed at how ubiquitous they are. I find Ruby Crowned when I am walking from the bus in to my building when I am not even looking for them. I think a batch of Golden Crowned have been using a compact spruce near my front door for a night roost. I see them popping out of there on the mornings I leave later for work.

Speaking of work....gotta go.

Cheers.
Kathy Andrich
Renton WA