From buntings to juncos to sparrows

Margaret Parkinson margparkie at attbi.com
Wed Mar 20 20:58:07 PST 2002

I like that, Hal ..... "Hey didn't they just come out here with the
railroads, like most of us?" A very rational and compassionate attitude. I
often think it is us humans who are taking over space and habitat with our
over population to the detriment of all others rather than the House
Sparrows and Starlings. I have had House Sparrows building nests in my
eaves for years. It does not seem to have hampered the many many other
species who also come to my yard .... House Finches, Goldfinches, Pine
Siskins, Juncos, Bustits, Ruby Crowed Kinglets, Bewick Wrens, Annas
Hummingbirds, American Robins, Chickadees, Northern Flickers, Steller Jays
and on and on. Good for you, Kelly.

Margaret Parkinson
University District