prevention of feeding the Starling/Sparrow population

Margaret Parkinson margparkie at attbi.com
Thu Mar 21 10:13:26 PST 2002

I have several feeders high in a birch tree outside my window (rigged high
to keep away from neighborhood cats). When I first started with the feeders
a year and a half ago I only put out sunflower seeds. Yes, sparrows did
flock to it and the finches and others had to 'wait their turn". However,
when I put out a millet feeder I found the sparrows went to that leaving the
sunflower feeders exclusively for the finches and others. This continues to
work in our yard.

Margaret Parkinson
University District, Seattle.