Merlin at Pike Place Market

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Thu Mar 21 23:14:46 PST 2002

I would think this bird was hanging around waiting for a House Sparrow
rather than a pigeon (with all due respect to those who wince when a sparrow
gets nailed by a raptor). I am thinking of the size ratio. The Merlins out
here on the coast feed on the various sparrows (though there are fewer House
Sparrows out here; we only have a McDonalds), finches and smaller
shorebirds.
Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores, Wa.
dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com