Rocky Point census

David Allinson goshawk at telus.net
Sun Mar 24 10:59:05 PST 2002

On Saturday, Rod Mitchell and I returned after over a month's absence to
continue our off-season census at Rocky Point. The lovely spring weather was
also most welcome!

During three hour stay, highlights among 57 species tallied (site year-list
now at 84):
1 Virginia Rail (seen and heard in Glover Pond)
7 Band-tailed Pigeon
6 Yellow-rumped Warbler ("Audubon's")
1 Hutton's Vireo
1 Cooper's Hawk
1 Sharp-shinned Hawk
2 Rufous Hummingbird
2 Violet-green Swallow
1 Western Gull
1 "Yellow-shafted" Northern Flicker (same bird as seen in February?)
85+ American Robin
150+ Bufflehead

David Allinson
President, Rocky Point Bird Observatory
572 Atkins Avenue
Victoria, BC
V9B 3A3
Ph. (250)478-0493

Web site: www.islandnet.com/~rpbo
273 species and counting!
Look for a bargraph checklist coming soon.

"Not everything that can be counted counts,
and not everything that counts can be counted."
Albert Einstein