White-fronted Goose at the Ballard Locks

Rachel Lawson RachelLawson at softhome.net
Wed Mar 27 17:37:42 PST 2002

I went birding this morning at Discovery Park in Seattle. I didn't run
across anything out of the ordinary, but there were lots of birds and it
was nice to see all the signs of spring and hear everybody singing. On the
way home, I stopped at the Ballard Locks, where I found one GREATER
WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE. It was grazing with a small flock of Canada Geese at
the bottom of the steep, terraced slope on the north side of the Locks.

Rachel Lawson
Seattle
RachelLawson at softhome.net