Screech Owl nestbox in Hemlock

Scott Atkinson scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 29 08:18:32 PST 2002

Jamie:

Your notes here and earlier on Tweeters regarding the Barred Owl-W. Screech
Owl interaction have squared with my experience. As one of the main owlers
for the Sequim-Dungeness CBC over the years, I've noted a real decline in W.
Screech-Owl over the last five years, and a year or two ago I actually had a
Barred almost take my head off after I played the Screech tape near
Graysmarsh! I guess my only hope on Screech is that the birds might still be
around, but are remaining silent to avoid being eaten.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com