Cinnamon Teal Arrival

Wayne C. Weber contopus at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 30 21:21:39 PST 2002

Rolan and Tweeters,

At Vancouver, B.C., the mean spring arrival date for CINNAMON TEAL (21
years' data) is March 21. The earliest arrival is February 1, and the
latest is April 30. However, the bulk of the birds arrive in April.

A few Cinnamon Teal sometimes overwinter near Vancouver, and the
February 1 date could represent an overwintering bird.

I believe the arrival dates in western Washington are similar to those
at Vancouver. In eastern Washington, they are about 3 weeks later than
west of the Cascades.

Wayne C. Weber
Kamloops, BC
contopus at shaw.ca