Rufous Hummingbirds

MEYER2J at aol.com MEYER2J at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 08:18:39 PST 2002

Hi Tweets:

The first female Rufous Hummingbird that I saw at my feeder was on March 24.
I saw the first male Rufous on March 30th. This is the first time I've seen
a female before seeing a male and each are about two weeks later than last
year.

A Winter Wren is building a nest in the center hole of my neighbor's cable
reel, the same place that was used last year. However, we weren't aware of
nest building activity until May last year. More nest building occurred in
June and at least two Winter Wrens fledged on July 2nd.

Joyce Meyer
Woodinville, WA