OC Warbler races

Mike Patterson celata at pacifier.com
Sun Nov 10 18:17:53 PST 2002

Keeping in mind that these are spring warblers and are in
fairly fresh plumage, here are all three subspecies of
Orange-crowned Warbler:
http://home.pacifier.com/~neawanna/observatory/ocwa.html

Notice that the _celata_ type has a very white looking
split eye-ring and a longish, thin bill.  The _orestera_
has a yellowish split eye-ring, a thickish looking bill
and lots of duskiness in the breast and belly.  _lutescens_
have a green back, very little gray and a generally bright
yellow breast.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR
celata at pacifier.com

A child who becomes acquainted with the birds about him
hears every sound and puzzles out its meaning with a cleverness
that amazes those with ears who hear not.

                                               -Neltje Blanchan

http://www.pacifier.com/~mpatters/bird/bird.html