Activity on Pine Lake

LDavey at aol.com LDavey at aol.com
Sun Sep 1 18:56:53 PDT 2002

Tweets,

As starlings go, we've had relatively few this summer. But today, they
arrived en masse. The chatter was amazing, then just a second before they'd
all fly off, they would go silent. I can sure understand how they have such a
bad reputation, and hope they do not become permanent fixtures. They seem to
flush out every thing else as they took over the high perches. Over the
weekend, I've seen many of the usual suspects, but some UN-usual ones as well
that I've not seen before, or have seen only rarely. Hope everyone has a
great Labor Day. Our summer will last a bit longer now that the Issaquah
teachers are on strike. Hope they work it out to everyone's satisfaction.

The UN-usual Suspects

Brewer's Blackbirds, male & female
Downy Woodpecker
Yellow-variant House Finch
Common Yellowthroat
Piliated Woodpecker
Bushtit
Yellow Warbler
Western Tanager (must have come from Andrea's house...:)

The USUAL Suspects

Red-winged blackbirds, male & female
Northern Flickers, male & female
Red-breasted Sapsucker (juv.)
House Finch, numerous females, one male
Belted Kingfisher, male & female
Stellar's Jay (2 mo. old "Elvis" is so cute!)
Chickadees, black-capped & chestnut
Cedar Waxwings (numerous)
Spotted Towhee(s)
Song Sparrow (our "pet" Gimpy. This one has a twisted, useless leg. :(

Linda Davey
Sammamish, WA