Probable Lesser Black-backed Gull/Franklins Gull

Russell Rogers rrogers at
Fri Sep 6 08:33:07 PDT 2002

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday (9/5/02) I searched for the Lesser Black-backed Gull from
sunrise to about 8:30 but did not see any dark mantled gulls at all.
Eagles kept the gulls in the harbor on the move.

Later in the day I stopped at Union at the Great Bend of the Hood Canal
and looked for the Franklin's Gulls that were reported there a few days
ago. I found one first winter bird with Mew, Bonapart's, Ringbilled
Gulls. Eagles kept these birds on he move as well.

Russell Rogers
219 South 2nd Ave
Sequim WA 98382
(360) 582-3781
mailto:rrogers at
Russell Rogers
Fish and Wildlife Biologist
Point Whitney Shellfish Laboratory
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
1000 Point Whitney Road
Brinnon WA 98320
(360) 586-1498 ex 221
mailto:rogerrer at