cult status?

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Fri Sep 6 10:44:22 PDT 2002

Hey Tweets...

I would bestow cult status on the California Condor. My day spent at the
L.A. Zoo many years ago in the presence of their (then) resident condor,
Topa Topa, watching as he played with sticks, sunned himself displaying his
large wingspan and white wingpits, tried to get me to offer him my arm to
nibble on, and finally righteously attacked and devoured the raw meat his
keeper threw in his cage...all while being very accessible, photogenic, and
all mine...well, I was hooked. I was able to get within 10 feet of him due
to the construction of his flight cage, and no one else but the keeper came
up that out-of-the-way path during the two hours plus I was there. He has
since then been a very important ingredient in the gene pool, as he was
captured many years before the remaining wild condors were captured, and
many years before the condor recovery program was initiated.
Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores, Wa.
dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com