New Kid on the Block

Rolan Nelson rnbuffle at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 16 20:43:11 PDT 2002

Chris,
Welcome to Tweeters!  There are several active birders up in the Bellingham area, all the way up to Blaine.  Many of them are regular contributers to Tweeters.  You will have close access to the Skagit Delta from there, as well as the Lummi Reservation. I'm sure you will hear from "the locals" soon.  Good luck and enjoy the area.
-Rolan
 Christopher Steven Duke wrote:Hello all!

My name is Chris Duke, and I finally got around to subscribing to
Tweeters, after "eavesdropping" on the tweeters listings on the net for
a year or so. To give a bit of info about myself, I am an 18 year old
male, I've been birding since I was 5, and I have a life list of 403,
having only left the country for one week (Mexico). I have met several
of you, either on a boat in the Pacific, birding by myself, or with my
friend Allan Grenon. I look forward to getting to know the rest of you
as well, you seem like a pretty cool bunch.

In one short week, I will be moving up to Western Washington University
in Bellingham, and I am curious as to whether or not there are any
tweets out there with me, and also looking for good birding in the
area. Any ideas sre more than welcome.

Also, a quick bit of input on the Band-Tailed Pigeon querey. I have
noticed far more Band-Tails this year than I think I ever have. The
greenbelt behind my neighborhood has been alive with the birds, and I
continue to see small flocks (5-10) stream overhead daily. I live in
Renton, near Fairwood. Perhaps the birds simply changed migration
routes slightly this year.

Well, that's it for now. I'm heading to Nisqually tomorrow, I'll let
you know how I do. Good birding!

Chris Duke
Renton, WA
dukec at cc.wwu.edu