WOS BirdBox 9/13/02 - 9/17/02

Franny Drobny fdrobny at cairncross.com
Tue Sep 17 13:17:44 PDT 2002

The Washington BirdBox is a voice mailbox sponsored by the Washington Ornithological Society. To leave messages about a notable sighting, or to listen to messages from the last seven days, call (206) 281-9172 and follow the prompts. Report operational problems to Rachel Lawson system administrator; she can be reached at RachelLawson at softhome.net or (206) 282-5593.

BirdBox last accessed about 1:17 PM, Tuesday, September 17, 2002, by Franny Drobny at fdrobny at cairncross.com.

September 14, 2002, Saturday, 5:05 p.m.  Hi, this is Steven Mlodinow.  Today at the southwest corner of the Everett Sewage Ponds on the retaining wall there was an immature FRANKLIN'S GULL.  Very few BONAPARTES around, however..  That's it.  Good luck and good birding.

September 15, 2002, Sunday,10:34 a.m.  Hi, this is Steve Mlodinow.  This morning Dennis Duffy and I had a BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER on Fir Island.  It was near the corner of Moore and Polson, in a plowed, flat field with a 100 PIPITS and 30 or 40 KILLDEER.  That's it.  Good luck and good birding.

September 15, 2002, Sunday, 8:02 p.m.  Hi, this is Shiva Parmeswaran.  My number is (206) 603-0753.  I was birding in the Tokeland, Bottle Beach, and Westport area with my friends, Carla Egan and Mary Ann Thorbeck.  Early in the morning at 9:00 a.m., when we entered the Bottle Beach State Park, we saw in the (?) across the road a juvenile WHITE-TAILED KITE or I should say a non-adult WHITE-TAILED KITE.  We had great looks and great behavior watching for a while, and then in Bottle Beach State Park there were a lot of shorebirds.  Notable ones being a PACIFIC GOLDEN PLOVER and a RED KNOT.  And there was also a PEREGINE FALCON.  Good luck and good birding.

September 16, 2002, Monday, 3:02 p.m.  Hi, this is Steven Mlodinow.  Also yesterday there was a STILT SANDPIPER at Crockett Lake, and also about 1,500 WESTERN SANDPIPERS and a few DUNLIN.  That's it.  Good luck and good birding.

Privileged and confidential communication. If you are not the addressee, you may not read, copy, or distribute this email. If you receive this email in error, please advise us by return email and delete it from your system. Thank you.