Wolves on the Olympic Peninsula

Grad, Andrea E. agrad at helsell.com
Tue Sep 17 15:52:48 PDT 2002

Okay, I'm sure there were birds there too, for the required bird element ....

Report from a fisherman friend, from this past weekend:

"The Hoh [River] was hot this weekend.  We limited for Summer run on Friday.  I hooked into 2 kings that just trashed my steelhead gear.  It was fun.
The most amazing thing is we saw 2 wolves on the river.  They were big.
I guess a guy in Sequim released some 10+ years ago."

I would be interested to hear from our WDFW contributors as to how unusual this sighting is.

Andrea Grad
Alki
agrad at helsell.com