A few fun things

Lauren Braden LaurenB at seattleaudubon.org
Thu Sep 19 08:39:42 PDT 2002

Tweets:  a couple of things...
1. Seattle Audubon Fall NATIVE Plant Sale - this Saturday, 10am - 4pm
8050 35th Ave NE in Seattle
See you there!
2. VOTE for the "Bird of Seattle" FUN!
Here is a fun one.
Seattle needs an official bird!
San Francisco has the California Quail, Chicago has the Peregrine Falcon,
Seattle has... no official bird? That's right! Seattle has an official flag,
song, even flower (Dahlia), but no official bird.
This fall, Seattle Audubon wishes to hear from you - what should be the
official bird of Seattle? The Great Blue Heron, seen flying majestically
over nearly every corner of our city? Or perhaps the Wilson's Warbler, a
common backyard nester every spring? Which bird species do you feel best
encompasses the essence of our Emerald City?
Please email your ideas to citybird at seattleaudubon.org. I will let you know
in October which species will be the centerpiece of our "Official Bird of
Seattle" Campaign!

Lauren Braden
Advocate for Wildlife Habitat
Seattle Audubon Society