Seattle Bird

B. A. Wolfe gismybabe at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 19 10:44:20 PDT 2002

I think a good choice is the White-Crowned Sparrow. These colorful little characters and their "See see little-little me!" call is a great part of a day in the field in Seattle. And they are a year-round bird. Crows are great, Great Blue Herons majestic, Bewick's Wrens wonderful singers, but the White-Crowned Sparrow has said "Seattle" to me for 16 years now. Good birding!
Brett A. Wolfe     gismybabe at yahoo.com      Seattle, WA
 Ian Paulsen wrote:HI Lauren et al.:
YOU are missing the obvious choice: The Seattle Wren: Thryomanes bewickii
calophonus (its a subspecies of the Bewick's Wren).
sincerely

Ian Paulsen
Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
ipaulsen at krl.org