Bor'n'ole chickadee

Dan Victor dcv at drizzle.com
Wed Sep 25 07:35:31 PDT 2002

Dear Tweets,

Janet and I hiked up and around Tiffany Mtn way up north of Winthrop last
Sunday.

On the road up there we saw a Ruffed Grouse.  While hiking we passed a
beautiful SPRUCE GROUSE that perched only 10 feet off the trail.  Where
was our camera!  A Cooper's Hawk swooped by a couple of times.
Descending through some golden larches we were above a large flock of
migrating Yellow-rumps.

At the Tiffany Springs campground we had a mixed flock of mostly Mountain
Chickadees, a few Ruby-crowned Kinglets and one BOREAL CHICKADEE.  Hooray!

Good birding,

        Dan Victor, Wallingford district, Seattle       ___.-////
    Mailto:dcv at scn.org  Web = http://www.scn.org/~dcv/      \_>