Good Morning at the Fill

B&P Bell bellasoc at isomedia.com
Sat Sep 28 18:08:26 PDT 2002

Hi Tweets -

A group of us had a good morning at the Center for Urban Horticulture at
U.W. and at the Montlake Fill. Around CUH we had a couple of Anna's
Hummingbirds, White-crowned Sparrows and a flock of Bushtits. Out at the
fill we had Mallards, Northern Shoveler, Green-winged Teal and two
Northern Pintail - nice to see the ducks starting to come back to the
main pond. The highlight at the main pond had to be a very pale Horned
Lark working over the "beach" area at the southeast corner of the pond -
great views. Union Bay was packed with Gadwall, Ring-necked Duck,
American Wigeon and American Coot.

Just as we were starting to head back to the cars a Cooper's Hawk flew
in, perched for a minute, flew out to another tree and then departed for
the main campus.

Complete list below.

Brian H. Bell
Woodinville WA
bellasoc at isomedia.com

Pied-billed Grebe
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Canada Goose
Gadwall
American Wigeon
Mallard
Northern Shoveler
Northern Pintail
Green-winged Teal
Ring-necked Duck
Cooper's Hawk
American Coot
Glaucous-winged Gull
Rock Dove
Mourning Dove
Anna's Hummingbird
Northern Flicker (red-shafted and r-s/y-s hybrid)
Steller's Jay
American Crow
Horned Lark
Black-capped Chickadee
Bushtit
American Robin
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's and Myrtles)
Savannah Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Lincoln's Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow (adult and immature)
Golden-crowned Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Red-winged Blackbird
House Finch