Sharp-tailed Sandpiper still present

RochWarrBB at aol.com RochWarrBB at aol.com
Sun Sep 29 14:13:31 PDT 2002

Tweets,
     The Sharp-tailed Sandpiper was observed today at 8am and was still
foraging as we left around 9:30am.  It was observed in the SW corner of the
Hoquiam sewage treatment pond on the exposed sludge by myself (Larry Heinz),
Jan Watson and Jason Paulios.  Jason was present at 7:00am and didn't
immediately observe the bird until it showed itself around 8:00am. Almost at
the time we found the bird, Rolan Nelson and Carol Schulze  arrived and
simply had to look through Jason's scope to see their newest "life" bird.
Sometimes things are good!!  The bird seems to like the exposed log at its
back because it stayed very near this log the whole time we observed it
while wandering into the few open areas affording us some great looks.

Larry Heinz
Rochester, WA