Western Scrub Jay at Morton

Ruth Sullivan GODWIT at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 30 16:49:08 PDT 2002

Hello Tweets,

Today my mother and I observed a single WESTERN SCRUB JAY along S.R.7 at
Morton in eastern Lewis Co.,which is probably evidence of range expansion
along with a recent sighting near Hwy.12 at Randle observed by Scott Ray of
Yakima on the 24th of August,2002. We observed the bird on the north side of
highway in the immediate town of Morton after heading home from a funeral
program of a close fishing/personal friend of ours at Morton. We also
observed a single Black Merlin in Morton and a flock of 12 Evening Grosbeaks
along S.R.7 west of Morton.

Good birding,

Ruth and Patrick Sullivan
GODWIT@ worldnet.att.net