Photo ID help

Mike Patterson celata at pacifier.com
Mon Sep 30 21:22:05 PDT 2002

If you blow up the first picture and look at the claw on
the hind toe...

I think this is a hatch-year Horned Lark.

It is not any kind of bunting, I suppose it could be some
sort of weird asian lark (I don't have a good asian field guide)

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR
celata at pacifier.com

A child who becomes acquainted with the birds about him
hears every sound and puzzles out its meaning with a cleverness
that amazes those with ears who hear not.

                                               -Neltje Blanchan

http://www.pacifier.com/~mpatters/bird/bird.html