Found Sibley Guide at Port Angeles Eider site (but no rare birds)

buteoreg buteoreg at
Mon Aug 16 22:50:01 PDT 2004

Hi Tweets,

Yesterday, while doing a Big Double Dip Day (no BT Gull, no stinkin’ Eider)
Marissa Benavente and I found a large format Sibley Guide. It was at the
eider site in Port Angeles. I think it may belong to Alan Knue as we saw him
and a Georgia birder there. Unfortunately I don’t have Alan’s address, so if
someone could forward this to him, or provide his e-mail address I would
appreciate it.

After a week+ of chomping at the bit (with non-birding company in town to
entertain) Marissa and I went to look for the recent west-side rarities. We
watched for the BT Gull (w/out success) from 9:30 AM until 2:20 PM and then
headed to Port Angeles to try for the eider. We dipped big time, although it
was nice to see 30+ Harbor Seals hauled out on the log rafts. They sure run
a gamut of colors. We also saw a Least Sandpiper, 1-2 Black Turnstones and
some Harlequin Ducks on the logs. Let’s hope both birds are not gone for

Jim Flynn

HYPERLINK "mailto:buteoreg at"buteoreg at

Seattle, WA

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (