[Tweeters] Quakers/Monks

Kristin Stewart kristinstewart01 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 1 16:59:07 PST 2004

Tweeters,

There is a nest site of Monk Parakeets in Newport News,  Virginia as well. It has been there for many years...which means something in the neighborhood of 15-20 according to a reliable birding friend. I first saw this nest site about 5 years ago. It is located on and around the crosspieces of a power pole in a residential neighborhood, and is no more than 20 or 25 ft from the ground. They are not on the VA State list because no one has done the necessary documentation. I have heard of another site in Norfolk or VA Beach, but did not track it down.

Kristin Stewart
Olympia
kristinstewart01 at comcast.net