[Tweeters] Crawdad shell in owl pellet

Denny Granstrand dgranstrand at charter.net
Sun Dec 5 17:42:44 PST 2004

Hi Tweeters,

I found an owl pellet in the Tahoma Cemetery on S. 24th Ave. in Yakima last
week that had a crawdad shell in it. Wide Hollow Creek runs along the
south end of the cemetery. I found the pellet under a row of spruce trees
just north of the creek. This is the first pellet I have found with
something other than a rodent in it. From the size of the pellet, and
other pellets I found near it, I think it is from a Barn Owl.

Denny Granstrand

* Denny Granstrand *
* Yakima, WA *
* dgranstrand at charter.net *
* Denny's bird photos can be seen online at: *
http://granstrand.net/gallery/