[Tweeters] Crawdad shell in owl pellet

Denny Granstrand dgranstrand at charter.net
Sun Dec 5 17:42:44 PST 2004

Hi Tweeters,

I found an owl pellet in the Tahoma Cemetery on S. 24th Ave. in Yakima last
week that had a crawdad shell in it.  Wide Hollow Creek runs along the
south end of the cemetery.  I found the pellet under a row of spruce trees
just north of the creek.  This is the first pellet I have found with
something other than a rodent in it.  From the size of the pellet, and
other pellets I found near it, I think it is from a Barn Owl.

Denny Granstrand

                  * Denny Granstrand *
                      * Yakima, WA *
             * dgranstrand at charter.net *
* Denny's bird photos can be seen online at: *
            http://granstrand.net/gallery/