[Tweeters] Crawdad shell in owl pellet

Kristin Stewart kristinstewart01 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 6 08:05:21 PST 2004

[Tweeters] Crawdad shell in owl pelletI believe Bent mentions that Great Horned Owls, at least, eat crawfish, and some other aquatic critters. I just checked Bent for Barred Owl, as their habitat preferences would lead one to think aquatic items might be on the menu, and they are: "frogs, crayfish, lizards, small snakes, snails, slugs, salamanders, flesh of a terrapin, perch, hornpout and other fishes, ..."

Kristin Stewart
Olympia