[Tweeters] Cattle Egret/Walla Walla

mike denny m.denny at charter.net
Thu Dec 9 16:51:47 PST 2004

Hello all,
This afternoon in warm weather we located a sub-adult Cattle Egret at 1936 Hwy 12 (between Gose and Pine Street) on the north side of Hwy 12.  It was perched atop a white horse trailer.
There were many gulls gathered along Mill Creek off Gose Street - Several Herring and Glaucous-winged in with numerous Ring-billed and Californias - good place to check for gulls.  There were also 6 Wilson's Snipe in the fields here.
Up n. fork Coppei Creek was 1 Golden Eagle, 1 Say's Phoebe and 11 Bohemian Waxwings.  There was a large Caddisfly Hatch along n. fork Coppei with no montane bird species present.  Also witnessed a massive pre-hibernation gathering of Ladybugs.
Yesterday 12-8 we had 3 flocks of over 20 ea. of Bohemian Waxwings in College Place - they seemed to have appeared overnight!!
Today a Cooper's Hawk was harassing a Merlin in a large conifer tree across the street from our home.
That's it for now,
Mike
Mike & MerryLynn Denny
1354 S. E. Central Ave.
College Place, WA  99324
509.529.0080 (h)

IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BIRDING, YOU HAVEN'T LIVED!