[Tweeters] Fw: Migratory Birds Legislation in the US and Canada

B. A. Wolfe gismybabe at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 17:25:10 PST 2004

Thanks Wayne,

Unfortunately, as long as we have extreme anti-environmentalists like the current administration that somehow got re-elected in this country, we will never get any kind of good protection laws going. As a matter of fact, the laws that are there are being quickly eroded by these people. And who helped re-elect them, and paid for their campaigns? Super wealthy people who can afford a $10,000,000+ condo like those that evicted Pale Male & Lola. Beglad that in Canada you have seen more liberal lawmakers in recent years, who actually do something to help the environment, but also never forget that even they leave much to be desired.

Brett A. Wolfe
Seattle, WA

"Wayne C. Weber" <contopus at telus.net> wrote:
Tweeters,

The recent publicity about the destruction of the Red-tailed Hawk nest
adjacent to Central Park in New York City has underlined inadequacies
in the laws protecting raptor nests in the US-- or at least in the
interpretation of those laws.

Had a similar event occurred in Canada, it would probably have been
considered illegal, and there would have been at least a possibility
of prosecution of the persons responsible.

I am attaching a copy of a message I sent to the BIRDCHAT E-mail
group, which may interest those of you concerned about this issue.

Wayne C. Weber
Delta, BC
contopus at telus.net