[Tweeters] Grant County Glaucous-winged Gull

Doug Schonewald dschone8 at donobi.net
Tue Dec 14 06:11:32 PST 2004

Hi Tweets,

Yesterday I spent the day searching the Banks Lake area for sea ducks and
gulls.

While no sea ducks were located, I did find two RED-BREASTED MERGANSER along
SR-155 about two miles south of Steamboat Rock State Park.

A large number of gulls are now on the lake feeding on the dying land-locked
salmon. On the log booms at Coulee Playland (located in Electric City) was a
second winter GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL. Also present was a first winter THAYER'S
GULL.

Strangely absent were Bald Eagles, with none located along SR-155, though
two adults were located in Sun Lakes State Park.

Cheers

Doug Schonewald
Moses Lake, WA
dschone8 at donobi.net