[Tweeters] semantics

Ned McGarry ned.mcgarry at verizon.net
Tue Dec 14 12:19:08 PST 2004

My understanding is that Trekkies owe their devotion to the original Star
Trek series. Trekkers came on the scene with the later series, most notably
The Next Generation which you may know ran year longer than the original.
Regardless of the label, these fans all probably have a genetic disposition
to loyalty to the franchise. :)

To me, the term "birder" connotes a higher degree of commitment and
proficiency than "bird-watcher". Kind of like "runner" and "jogger".

Ok . . . I think I'll go google now.

Ned McGarry
Sammamish, WA