[Tweeters] Great Gray Owls in Minnesota

Marcus.D.Roening at gsk.com Marcus.D.Roening at gsk.com
Wed Dec 15 08:44:10 PST 2004

Hi Tweeters,

For all of you northern Owl fans, Minnesota is the place to be this year. A
post from another list serve.

Date:    Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:59:17 -0700
From:    Gary Rosenberg <ghrosenberg at COMCAST.NET>
Subject: Great Gray Owls in Duluth

Hi Everyone,

I realize this is not really Arizona-New Mexico news, but this past
weekend I made a trek up to the Duluth area and saw a total of 34 Great
Gray Owls (30 in one day), as well as 14 Northern Hawk-Owls (12 in one
day). Apparently, this is the best year ever for seeing both these
species in northern Minnesota (perhaps by a factor of two!), so if you
are looking for a nice cold place to go this Xmas, I highly recommend
the trip!

Gary

Marcus Roening
Tacoma, WA