[Tweeters] Samish flats by bicycle

Stuart MacKay smackay at flagstonesoftware.com
Fri Dec 17 07:31:38 PST 2004

MessageI can heartily recommend birding by bike, though on the Samish flats can be a daunting place to try it.

Growing up in Caithness, Scotland (one of the windier places on Earth) I cycled everywhere when out birding. Being able to hear birds calling and travelling slow enough to see songbirds flying closeby is a huge advantage. When I was old enough to beg the use of my parents car I noticed a big decline in the number and species I saw when out birding. However it meant that it was possible to go out birding for only an hour or two (when the wind, rain or snow subsided) and many good birding spots came within reach.

Stuart MacKay, (sunny) Lisbon, Portugal
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/private/tweeters/attachments/20041217/6a7ae4b6/attachment.htm

More information about the Tweeters mailing list