[Tweeters] On the Duwamish - 12-20-2004

Desilvis, Denis J denis.j.desilvis at boeing.com
Mon Dec 20 12:28:49 PST 2004

11:18 start - water level quite high with no mudflats visible (11:57
high tide - 12ft)
11:49 end

Calm water, partly sunny, with not much activity at Turning Basin #3.
However, I did see the first BUFFLEHEAD (a female) of the fall/winter
season. In addition, it appears as if the RUBY-CROWNED KINGLETS are more
winter resident than passing through. This was yet another day that I've
seen two of this species feeding among the blackberry tangle.

The 107 Rock Pigeons is a record count for me. Looks as if the local
Peregrine Falcon has plenty of these preferred items from which to

Birds seen during this scan include the following:
Domestic goose
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Red-tailed Hawk (on power tower next to SR 599)
Glaucous-winged Gull (7)
Rock Pigeon (107)
American Crow (45)
Black-capped Chickadee