[Tweeters] Teal quest part II

Larry Schwitters lpatters at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 20 21:05:00 PST 2004

Tweeters,

I committed a few more hours today looking for Charlie's Baikal Teal at
the Kent Ponds.
I talked to a few birders that had gotten there before I did, (including
the Sullivans) and the Baikal was being a no show.

Rather than give myself another case of severe eye strain at the Kent
Ponds I went looking for other duckie wet spots in the Green River
Valley.  Things are drying up a bit and the waterfowl are becoming a
little more concentrated.  I looked closely at all Green-wing Teal in
the valley all the way down to Emerald Downs Race Track.  Of the
approximately 500 Green-winged Teal observed, not only could I not find
any unusual Teal, I couldn't even find a Common Teal.

Hee-Hee.

No wait.

Ho-Ho-Ho.

Larry Schwitters