[Tweeters] Redwing

Kathy Andrich chukarbird at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 14:52:26 PST 2004

Hi Tweeters,

According to young man in the literal pack of birders
looking at the Redwing he counted 59 birders!

I had to beg for the chance to see the bird from my
coworkers. They are so great, they let me take a 4hr
plus "lunch" to see the Redwing. (UW to Olympia and
back). I just didn't know if the bird would be there
until the upcoming holiday weekend. The area the
Redwing is in is in general a very birdy area indeed
and I was impressed with that. I was really focused
and did not see the Redpolls but did see the
Red-breasted Sapsucker in a tree that hosted the
Redwing for awhile.

I didn't see any of my regular birding buddies but did
see some familiar faces. I don't even have names to a
lot of you yet but I recognize the faces and that avid
birder look!

The people counting fellow had the neatest little
Swarvoski scope. I think I know what I want for a
scope in the future now. Some of the Leica and Pentax
scopes have incredible clarity but I don't want to
haul one around that big. His scope was very nice.

Last year it was the Gyrfalcon for Christmas, this
year the Redwing, yeah:-)

Kathy