[Tweeters] suggestion for Redwing birders

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 08:33:05 PST 2004

Dear Tweeters,

Thanks to Gene Revelas for sharing this astounding

Thanks also to Rick and Sharon Toochin for helping
out. They stuck around after having seen the bird, and
put quite a few of us late arrivals onto the Redwing
after it had flown away from Milroy Street.

Now, may I humbly offer a suggestion to visiting

Spend some money in Olympia!

No, not tax dollars....

After all the kind words from bemused locals, I
decided to patronize a restaurant in the neighborhood.
The sushi bar on Harrison Avenue was a nice way to
celebrate after seeing the bird. I made sure to take
my binoculars in there, too.

It does make one feel rather the dork, carrying bins
into an eatery, but it makes a statement. Birders come
to see the birds, but they also spend some bucks in
local businesses.

I would also recommend the car wash on the other side
of the street. They give the vehicle a once-over with
big mops before the automated part of the process
begins. Fun!

Yours truly,

Gary Bletsch

near Lyman (Skagit County), Washington