[Tweeters] Redwing 24th Dec a.m.

Hal Opperman hal at catharus.net
Fri Dec 24 20:46:33 PST 2004

For what it's worth, I offer a small clarification on the sighting of the
Redwing in Olympia this morning. JoLynn and I arrived at 9:15 and missed it
by about 15 minutes. To our knowledge only two people caught sight of it
this morning: Wilson Cady, who stuck around for quite a while afterwards,
and a birder from Oregon who was packing his scope into his trunk as we
pulled up. Wilson said they had enjoyed many and varied looks at the bird in
the same spot where the Sullivans reported finding it late this afternoon,
and that it had taken off toward the north around nine o'clock. We had to be
in Seattle by 3:00, so we gave up the search soon after Toby did.

As other have remarked, the neighbors are great.

Merry Christmas everyone, and keep those reports coming in. I'll be back at
the mouth of the alley on the east side of Decatur between Fourth and Fifth
at 8:15 on Monday morning.

Hal Opperman
Medina, Washington
mailto:hal at catharus.net