[Tweeters] serious birders

Bruce Whittington fieldnat at pacificcoast.net
Fri Dec 24 22:29:59 PST 2004

I agree with Steve. While the numbers of "birders" in these studies is
encouraging, it is not realistic. With a purported 1.8 million in
Washington state alone, why is it that the American Birding Association
(which certainly caters to "serious birders") can only muster 20,000
members from the entire continent? I think the problem is that survey
designers, like a lot of regular folks, don't understand what birding
is about. Maybe we should have BIRDERS design and implement a survey.

Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night ...

Bruce Whittington
Ladysmith, BC
mailto: fieldnat at pacificcoast.net